Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jan 25 Time flies



Ain't it funny how time slips away! Yes, time really does fly and kids sure do grow fast these days.
For the bckgd of this piece i used a napkin that i had blotted another piece of art on. I had reinked the pad a little too heavily, stamped, and it was way too wet. i grabbed a napkin; one of those big fairly heavy ones from certain restaurants. I sort of floated it down over the wet mess and pressed with my hand all over. When i peeled it off i was surprised to see alot of the stamp pattern remained and although it wasnt very clear it had a beauty all its own. I set it aside to dry not really expecting it to be useful as a bckgrd because after all, it was just a napkin. When it dried i thought it was beautiful! I applied gluestick all over a piece of paper and carefully pressed the napkin onto it for added strength then added a little more color dtp with pigment inks. Then i covered up some of the nicest parts with this growing boy and the time flying by!