When i decided to title my 12 books of daily art with the names of the astrological signs i forgot that would have me start and finish my art on a different date than everyone else. Most calendars start with Aries March 21-April 19th. To get a little bit more even with the rest of the group i decided to start my first book with Capricorn Dec 22 - Jan 19th. I started my first days art on Dec 22 2005. I got a little behind at Christmastime and am now 4 days from being caught up to the group and the current date.
Once i get caught up i havent decided if i'll post the art from Dec 22 -31st or to start posting with Jan 1 and then when those dates come around in 2006 i could post them then, but then it'll be a year old art. Lol,this is starting to look like it was a dumb idea especially since so far i havent used much of the astrology theme at all; just the cover and a little bit. But then, at least i know i have pictures of all the signs for the covers so that makes me feel better. Its that sort of thing thats important to me to make it stress free so will stick with it.
Well, so far so good except my art is turning out sorta greeting cardish and very amateurish compared to others. But then i can only be me, and it wouldnt be me if i didnt feel inferior. I'm only finished with a piece of art when i like it, and if i didnt like it i wouldnt use it or show it to anyone. So, you'd think i must like my art. But i dont. I know this sounds crazy. I guess it stems from some yearning way down inside me which makes me regret not learning more. I wish i would have taken every art class that was available and read every book when i was younger. I would so love to be able to draw and paint portraits of people that look like the person. I'd love to know and understand what abstract is all about and do it with acrylics. I'd love to be able to learn Photoshop and to remember what i learned. Unfortunately i have the auto immune liver disease PBC and the fatigue and fuzzy brain that comes with it. I do all these arts the best that i can anyway.
My own personal challenge for the 365 daily devotions is to try not to use my old stand bys of pastel colors and vintage images as the focal point too much, and to do a wider variety of arts using lots of different techniques. So far i've rubber stamped; used Crayola window clingers in abstract form; i've written a little bit on my art and thats brand new for me; also gel pen abstract design; putty bckgrd with stencilled letters that didnt turn out well but added it anyway; freeform cutting paper; decorated a jig saw puzzle piece; attached velum; sewed on paper and some Photoshop art that i printed out. Todays art is a pencil drawing of an imaginary woman...this is a hard decision whether to add it or not. I dont know how to shade properly to make it less flat or how to color it. I'll start uploading my art in a few days when i'm caught up to date.