Monday, January 23, 2006

Jan 22 the fairies come out tonight



Well, maybe i'll learn from this little episode that i should plan ahead! I had attached 4 pastel colored foils to the cs then remembered i'm trying to get out of my pastel stage so i colored them again with a variety of products and finally ended up happy with the alcohol inks. They looked real nice, vivid deep jewel colors. I then foolishly tackled it with the bone folder and wrecked the center, and then wrecked it some more trying to fix that. Since my original plan was to display 4 buttons in the 4 sections and that wasnt an option anymore i had to think of something else. Well, i had been bumping into this little stamped thing lately every time when i was rooting around looking for something else. I had stamped and embossed it about 6 yrs ago but then i didnt like it so it didnt make it onto a card. And yet i couldnt throw it because it was so well done with the sparkly black sky and all gel pen colored. The rubber was given away and the image long forgotten and its bumped around in the drawer ever since, waiting for this chance to come out and shine. And shine it did cuz i now thought it looked great on these foils and it is kind of cute...

but unfortunately it might not be able to stay because i dont think theres been a glue invented yet that'll hold it onto the foil. Cant use brads or eyelets because before i found out, i had made and attached tomorrows dd art today (Jan 23)because i might not be able to tomorrow and it wont look good with their backsides on it. I also attached gold foil around the edge, catching it onto the next page and unfortunately thats not holding very well either because its too narrow to go around the double thickness. So, the art of Jan 22 and 23 might change without further warning due to poor workwomanship. I went from one of my best pieces-the sunrise over Haleakala to the two worst the very next day! Does anyone know of an adhesive that'll hold foil to paper? I tried http://www.thistothat.com but its not listed there.