
This is the last page in my book of Capricorn. It ended up almost 2" thick. I used the dates from Dec. 22 to Jan 19th. The dates of the zodiac calendar are different depending on where you look and some have it Dec 21 - Jan 20. I'm going with the dates in my newspaper. Even though i didnt mention Capricorn very much in the book, some of the art was inspired by it and/or people i know born under this sign. Other ideas were from something mentioned in the daily horoscope but mostly its just random art.
The medallion is an Anna Griffin image by All Night Media. I pressed wet single ply toilet paper into the rubber one at a time with a pouncing brush. I used 2 colors, drops of reinker and water. i think theres 3, maybe 4 layers in this one. When it was dry it just popped right out with very little help. The effect is cool because its a reverse image from what you stamp when looking at it in person but in the scan it looks the same as when you stamp it! I dont understand that or why it happens. In the picture it looks like theres holes in it but in reality they're actually raised bumps. i added a little more color to the raised parts with Color box petal points but it dosnt show up in the scan. The edges turned out differently as well because i took the tp right to the edge. Thats why its flat and slightly frayed there. It looks and feels like hand made paper. I also made some with patterned paper napkins. They were harder to manage than the tp because they tore easier. I couldnt retain the pattern because of all the patching but they're nice enough anyhow. Maybe they'll end up in another Daily Devotions book.